Whitefish and seafood are often favored for their subtle flavors. It’s not uncommon for seafood dishes to taste bland once we don our aprons and start cooking!
You have a lot of spices to choose from, which can make your dish even more interesting. Before you start looking for the perfect pro seasoning mix, here are some helpful tips to get you started.
The Four Best Fish Seasonings:
Earthy and Aromatic
Curry powder is your best choice if you like a spicy, slightly sweet, and earthy flavor in your fish. You will need to know where to find seafood boiling in my area to make your own curry powder.
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, ground mustard powder, or ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
Block of Mexican Spices
If you love Mexican food, this recipe will be a great addition to your recipe collection. It is also known as taco seasoning and consists of crab.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, onion powder, and smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder and ground cumin
- For added heat and spice, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper.
Herbaceous & Peppery
It is hard to beat the fish’s unique herbaceous scent. It is impossible to beat the enchanting herbaceous aroma of dill. Dried dill has a long shelf life and can be used as an alternative to fresh. You can use it for months at Greensboro seafood restaurants.
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- If you like a more spicy taste, add 2 tablespoons of paprika to the mixture.
Cajun Seasoning Blend
This combination of ingredients brings out the warm flavors of Louisiana and adds more spice. You can enjoy fish any way you like, but this particular kind pairs well with coleslaw or cheese grits.
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each of white pepper, black pepper, onion powder, and dried oregano
This article was written by the owner of Cap’s Steamer Bar & Grille. Cap’s is one of the best seafood near St. Petersburg FL that serves Florida Seafood with a Bahamian Influence. Cap’s Steamer Bar & Grill is St.Pete’s destination for the freshest seafood featuring a stunning Raw Bar, table-side steamer bar, and gourmet comfort classics with a modern Americana flare.